Want to be in the loop?
CHINESE FIRM TO INVEST IN $2B FACTORY IN THANH HÓA
Chinese steel firm Mintal Group Co. Ltd has expressed a desire to build a US$2 billion Ferocrom, stainless steel and non-ferrous metal factory in central Thanh Hóa Province’s Nghi Sơn economic zone.
The issue was discussed during a recent meeting between Mintal Group’s representatives and the Provincial People’s Committee (PPC).
Specifically, the group will invest in a Ferocrom factory with a capacity of 1.5 million tonnes per year in the first phase and a stainless steel factory with a capacity of 1 million tonnes of steel and 1 million tonnes of non-ferrous metal per year in the second phase.
It is estimated that 80 per cent of raw materials for production will be imported from South Africa, while the remaining 20 per cent is expected to be purchased in Việt Nam.
If the investment plan is approved, Mintal Group will lease 300ha of land in Nghi Sơn Economic Zone, near the port area, to construct the factory.
Speaking at the meeting, chairman of Thanh Hóa People’s Committee Nguyễn Đình Xứng required Nghi Sơn economic zone’s management board, provincial departments and agencies to instruct Mintal Group to survey the location and quickly complete relevant documents and procedures, to soon receive the the investment policy decision by the provincial People's Committee at the end of September or the beginning of October, when Thanh Hóa Province held 2019 investment promotion conference.
However, Xứng noted that when investing in this factory, Mintal Group must commit to Thanh Hóa Province on investing and applying the most advanced and modern technology to minimise the impact on the environment, as well as complying with Vietnamese laws on environmental protection.
At the meeting, Mintal Group and management board of Nghi Sơn economic zone and industrial zones also signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on investing in the Ferocrom, stainless steel and non-ferrous metal factory.
Mintal Group is one of the world's leading corporations in manufacturing Ferocrom, stainless steel and non-ferrous metals. Currently, the group has one factory located in China and the second one is planned to be built in Nghi Sơn economic zone.
U.S. News & World Report has just released the ranking of the best economies to invest in this year, showing large changes, with three new faces among the top five. In particular, Vietnam surpassed its Southeast Asian neighbours including Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore to rank eighth, massively boosting its 23rd position last year.
Despite promises that the $3 billion industrial complex proposed by the Lee & Man-Hokuetsu joint venture will create a breakthrough in foreign investment attraction for Ha Tinh province, authorities are mulling over environmental pollution risks.
Under the draft, tourism; culture and sports; telecommunications infrastructure; infrastructure for science and technology development; infrastructure at industrial parks, economic zones, industrial clusters, and high-tech parks; and infrastructure for rural areas and agriculture would be banned from running PPP projects.
We are pleased to introduce to all business owners in HKBAV association our ‘Business Plus’* -a programme that rewards companies and their employees for flying Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon. The more your company flies with us, the more Business Plus points your company earns, reaching a higher tier and unlocking more rewards and privileges.
1. Electric cables and electric wire supply-bid extend2. Anti – lightning system design and installation3. Electric and electronic equipment supply4. Network system supply and installation5. Sounder and Manual Alarm call Point supply----and more news
1. Crisis cycle is coming, operating rates need to be further cut 2. HSBC Vietnam appoints new CEO 3. State domestic revenue reaches 34.8 billion USD in eight months 4. Vietnam's coffee exports plummet in eight months 5. VSA opposes hike in import duties on HRC steel ----and more news