Want to be in the loop?
VN ENJOYS $2.7B TRADE SURPLUS IN Q1
Việt Nam witnessed a trade surplus of nearly US$2.7 billion in the first quarter of this year, according to a report from the General Department of Customs. This far exceeds the previous estimated figure of the General Statistics Office of $1.3 billion.
The report revealed that export value in the first quarter reached $55.6 billion, up by $11.1 billion, or 24.8 per cent, year-on-year.
In Q1, there were more than 10 export commodities with a turnover of billions of dollars.
Key commodities that achieved high growth include phones and components of which export value reached nearly $12.6 billion, an increase of nearly $5 billion, or 62.3 per cent, over the same period of 2017.
Textiles and garments’ export value touched $6.4 billion, up 14.9 per cent; computers, electronic products and spare parts reached $6.3 billion, up 14.1 per cent; and footwear amounted to $3.4 billion, up 10.6 per cent.
Agriculture products also recorded high growth. Fishery’s export turnover was $1.8 billion, increasing by 17.6 per cent; vegetable and fruit $970 million, up 38.5 per cent; and rice $745 million, up 38.1 per cent.
The export turnover of coffee was estimated at $1 billion and ranked second in the group of agriculture products but was up only 0.1 per cent over the same period last year.
On the opposite site, import turnover in the first quarter reached $52.9 billion, with imports by the domestic sector touching $21.2 billion, and that of the foreign-invested sector was $32 billion.
1. Container truck approach bridge supply-bid extend2. Equipment and materials supply-bid denial3. Vertical seismic profiling processing supply4. Elevator system supply and installation5. Materials, chemicals, biological supply-bid cancel----and more news
1. Local banks' shareholders get high dividend payouts 2. IMF forecasts Vietnam's GDP to grow 6.6pct in 2018 3. Support industry needs push: deputy PM 4. Finance ministry suggesting raising environment protection taxes5. Golden time for logistics M&A deals in Vietnam ----and more news
1. Electric forklift truck supply-bid extend2. Condenser supply and installation-bid extend3. Spare parts for repair portable gas detectors supply4. Air conditioner construction-bid extend5. Disinfection machine supply-bid extend----and more news
1. Banks utilise cheap capital source from individual accounts 2. Canada offers huge opportunities for Vietnam wood processing sector 3. New bill expected to promote PPP investment activities4. New policies will take effect in April 5. Vietnamese steel sector looks to overcome trade defence measures ----and more news
Real estate lending continued to remain high at more than 10 per cent of the total outstanding loans in several banks. Online news portal Bizlive.vn reported that the top five banks recording a high proportion of real estate lending by the end of last year were Sacombank, 17.6 per cent; Techcombank, 12.6 per cent; LienVietPostBank, 11.6 per cent; Kienlongbank, 10.1 per cent and VPBank, 8.5 per cent.
1. Blow room line supply and installation2. Filament Twister machine supply and installation3. Air conditioner supply and installation4. Cutting and burning machine supply5. AC source auxiliary equipment supply-bid extend----and more news