Want to be in the loop?
ASEAN INTERNSHIP SCHEME FOR HONG KONG HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS (2020)
We would like to inform you that the 2020 round of the ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students (Scheme) has been kick-started by the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO) in Singapore.
Objectives of the Scheme
• provide opportunities to higher education students of Hong Kong to take up internship in ASEAN member countries;
• enable students to be exposed to the work of the relevant industries and operation of their respective host organisations, as well as the economic and socio-cultural environment of the host countries in ASEAN; and
• cultivate students as the "ambassadors" of Hong Kong in the respective host countries in ASEAN and vice versa upon return to Hong Kong, thereby enhancing mutual understanding and strengthening ties between Hong Kong and ASEAN.
Key Details of the Scheme
• Duration: 6 - 10 weeks (negotiable)
• Timing: Usually any time between May and August of the same year
• Number of interns per Host Organisation: The more the better, subject to the provision of proper coaching
• Honorarium to be provided by Host Organisations for the student: optional
• Logistics / miscellaneous: Accommodation, transportation, insurance, visa, etc., are to be arranged by the Hong Kong Institution concerned or by the student.
More information can be found at the HKETO's website ( https://www.hketosin.gov.hk/internship/index.shtml ). If your organisation/company is interested in joining the Scheme, please email your company introduction, website, contact person and contact number to email@example.com by January 17 (Friday). The HKETO will contact you direct to discuss further.