Want to be in the loop?
subscribe to
our notification
Business News
DEPUTY PM DEMANDS REVIEW OF FEE AT PORTS
Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue has asked ministries to review the collection of fees for the use of infrastructure, service facilities and public utilities at all ports in northern Hai Phong City.
The Government Office last weekend sent a document requiring the ministries of Finance, Justice, Industry and Trade, Planning and Investment, Transport, and Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to work with the municipal People’s Committee to review the collection of fees and report to the Prime Minister before March 20.
Last week, the municipal People’s Committee released a document affirming that the collection had adequate legal foundation.
It said the fees were much lower than that of Lao Cai (a half for 20-feet container and 62.5 per cent for 40-feet container).
It added that Hai Phong City was the first locality in the country to charge fees at seaports and so, it could not compare its fees with other localities having seaports.
Earlier this month, VCCI submitted a document to the PM, saying that the fees being collected under Resolution No 148 were much higher than the current levels of up to 70 per cent.
VCCI said the fees for the use of infrastructure, service facilities and public utilities at Hai Phong’s seaports were increased for two consecutive years since 2015.
It added that businesses believed the city’s roadmap for an increase of fees had been too short, as the fees were increased thrice within three years.
The Ministry of Finance on January 25 had said the fees being collected should ensure competitiveness and create a favourable investment environment for firms.
The ministry also asked the Government Office to ensure that the charges were in line with the payment ability of enterprises, and transport through the seaports and operations are conducted smoothly.
Source: VIR
Related News
REAL TEST - NOT JUST WORDS
A truly fireproof bag must prove itself through action. SentrySafe FBWLZ0 was put to the test under flames reaching 1,300-2,000°C. Constructed with 4 layers of high-quality materials — not just for marketing, but for real protection. When risks happen, what you need is reliable protection. SentrySafe FBWLZ0 – safeguarding what matters most, even in extreme conditions.
EXCLUSIVE HKBAV MEMBER OFFER DISCOUNT: 15% OFF
Eligibility: HKBAV membersPromotion: Special offer for the 2026 Mid-Autumn FestivalHow to enjoy the discount: Please mention that you are an HKBAV member when placing your order.
TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF INNOVATION AND GREEN TRANSFORMATION
Vietnam's new vision on strategic foreign direct investment means that the work of Vinacontrol Group in terms of technology assessment is deemed more vital than ever. Vinacontrol Group is currently one of only two organisations nationwide designated by the Ministry of Science and Technology to conduct technology assessment under Decision No.29/2023/QD-TTg, placing it at the centre of a process that increasingly determines whether an investment project can proceed, be adjusted, or be extended.
HO CHI MINH CITY OUTLINES PLANS TO START FOUR MORE METRO LINES
Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee plans to begin construction on four metro lines by the end of 2026, which is part of the plan to complete 255km of metro lines by 2030. The first line, which connects Binh Duong New City with Suoi Tien, covers a length of over 32km, with an estimated investment of $2.18 billion. The line will pass through seven wards.
VIETNAM TARGETS 50,000 AI-SKILLED PROFESSIONALS FOR KEY SECTORS BY 2030
Vietnam is stepping up efforts to build an AI-ready workforce, targeting 50,000 skilled professionals and 10,000 advanced specialists by 2030 to strengthen strategic industries. Deputy Prime Minister Le Tien Chau signed Decision No.1528/QD-TTg, dated August 11, approving the National Programme on Artificial Intelligence Human Resource Development through 2030, with a vision to 2035.
DUNG QUẤT EZ, QUẢNG NGÃI IPS DRAW NEARLY US$19.4 BLN
The Dung Quất Economic Zone and Quảng Ngãi industrial parks have so far attracted 441 projects worth around US$19.4 billion, according to the Dung Quất Economic Zone and Quảng Ngãi Industrial Parks Authority (DEZA). The DEZA now has 350 projects run by 293 companies, employing nearly 81,700 workers, while about 20,000 additional experts, engineers and workers are building mega projects, according to data presented at a workshop marking the authority’s 30th anniversary recently.
























