Want to be in the loop?
HONG KONG FEDERATION CHAIRMAN'S MESSAGE
Dear Association / Chapter heads,
Greetings! I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that new Office Holders for 2018 – 2021 were elected at the past Hong Kong Forum.
On behalf of the Federation, I would like to thank the past Office Holders for their great contribution to the Federation over the last few years. Let me also take this chance to thank for your unfailing support, without which the Federation could not have achieved what it has had over these years.
This valuable global network is beautifully knitted because of the presence and participation of every one of you.
In our new term of service, my fellow Office Holders and I will work together, to continue connecting all members via the Federation network. Below please find the list of Office Holders for 2018 – 2021:
1. Dennis Chiu, Chairman
2. Hans Poulis, Vice Chairman
3. Alexandria Sham, Honorary Treasurer
4. Michael Chiu, Honorary Secretary
5. Esther Naegeli, Immediate Past Chairman
Details can be found at https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/about/executive. You are welcome to contact us anytime should we be of assistance to you.
Promotion of the Federation and its website
Our Federation’s network has grown to 43 Hong Kong Business Associations (BAs) in 32 countries and regions with over 13,000 individual associates. As one of the measures to strengthen the connection between the Federation and individual BAs, I highly encourage all BAs to add the Federation’s logo and website hyperlink (https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/) on their websites. Attached please find the graphic file of the Federation logo for your use.
Promotion of Upcoming Events
In order to enhance inter-regional connection, the dates and hosting cities of the various Regional Forums have been uploaded to the Federation’s website at - https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/about/member/event. Apart from the usual participants of the respective Regional Forums, members from other regions would be welcomed to join the Forums (on a self-financed basis) to exchange and contribute ideas.
We also encourage BAs to share their respective events on this page with other associations as well.
Young Members’ Participation
Encouraging more young members to join the Federation and participating at Hong Kong Forum are among our core missions. I am pleased to announce two new initiatives –
1. A new networking session at Hong Kong Forum dedicated for young members
2. An inaugural internship programme (around June – August 2019)
Details of both programmes will be circulated in separate emails later on. Please feel free to share with us if you have any comments/ suggestions on the programmes. And your assistance to help communicating with all your young members is highly appreciated in due course.
For any enquiries, please feel free to contact any of the Office Holders or the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you once again. I look forward to meeting all of you in our Federation events soon.
Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide Ltd
1. Banks not easy to establish financial companies 2. Digital transformation to help GDP up 1.1 per cent 3. Vietnam considered new growth engine for Korea: Expert 4. Japan among top 10 importers of Vietnam's tra fish for first time 5. Vietnam 3rd in cost attractiveness for global manufacturers ----and more news
1. Elevator supply and installation-bid cancel2. RO kidney water filter system installation3. Camera system supply and installation4. Electronic imagine table supply and installation5. Integration source cabinet supply-bid extend----and more news
1. Drill Pipe/Heavy Weight Drill Pipe and Drill Collar supply2. Fire fighting, Safety, LSA equipment supply3. Paut Omniscan Equipment supply-bid extend4. Shearing machine supply-bid cancel5. Paint and solvent supply-bid extend----and more news
1. New regulations on use of foreign currencies in Vietnam 2. Foreign investors eye Vietnam's weak banks 3. Financial supermarket GoBear announces $80 million in funding 4. Insurance market keeps thriving in first months of 2019 5. Revised Public Investment Law gears toward progress ----and more news
The chefs from Sichuan will be preparing a set dinner on 24 and 25 May for just 1,288,000++, which will also feature the musical stylings of Malaysian singer Esther Khoo. The seven-course menu includes delicacies such as double boiled soup with fish maw and vegetables, dried sea cucumber, fried square fish with kale, and spicy wontons.
According to the municipal Department of Planning and Investment, the British Virgin Islands was the largest investor by pouring 71.59 million USD into the sector, accounting for 43.5 percent of realty investment. The Republic of Korea came second with 19.5 percent, followed by Japan (10 percent), Singapore (5.7 percent) and China’s Hong Kong (3.4 percent).