Want to be in the loop?
HONG KONG FEDERATION CHAIRMAN'S MESSAGE
Dear Association / Chapter heads,
Greetings! I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that new Office Holders for 2018 – 2021 were elected at the past Hong Kong Forum.
On behalf of the Federation, I would like to thank the past Office Holders for their great contribution to the Federation over the last few years. Let me also take this chance to thank for your unfailing support, without which the Federation could not have achieved what it has had over these years.
This valuable global network is beautifully knitted because of the presence and participation of every one of you.
In our new term of service, my fellow Office Holders and I will work together, to continue connecting all members via the Federation network. Below please find the list of Office Holders for 2018 – 2021:
1. Dennis Chiu, Chairman
2. Hans Poulis, Vice Chairman
3. Alexandria Sham, Honorary Treasurer
4. Michael Chiu, Honorary Secretary
5. Esther Naegeli, Immediate Past Chairman
Details can be found at https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/about/executive. You are welcome to contact us anytime should we be of assistance to you.
Promotion of the Federation and its website
Our Federation’s network has grown to 43 Hong Kong Business Associations (BAs) in 32 countries and regions with over 13,000 individual associates. As one of the measures to strengthen the connection between the Federation and individual BAs, I highly encourage all BAs to add the Federation’s logo and website hyperlink (https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/) on their websites. Attached please find the graphic file of the Federation logo for your use.
Promotion of Upcoming Events
In order to enhance inter-regional connection, the dates and hosting cities of the various Regional Forums have been uploaded to the Federation’s website at - https://www.hkfederation.org.hk/about/member/event. Apart from the usual participants of the respective Regional Forums, members from other regions would be welcomed to join the Forums (on a self-financed basis) to exchange and contribute ideas.
We also encourage BAs to share their respective events on this page with other associations as well.
Young Members’ Participation
Encouraging more young members to join the Federation and participating at Hong Kong Forum are among our core missions. I am pleased to announce two new initiatives –
1. A new networking session at Hong Kong Forum dedicated for young members
2. An inaugural internship programme (around June – August 2019)
Details of both programmes will be circulated in separate emails later on. Please feel free to share with us if you have any comments/ suggestions on the programmes. And your assistance to help communicating with all your young members is highly appreciated in due course.
For any enquiries, please feel free to contact any of the Office Holders or the Secretariat at email@example.com. Thank you once again. I look forward to meeting all of you in our Federation events soon.
Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide Ltd
1. Credit quota expansion yet to be approved for all 2. How will the US-China trade war affect Vietnam's financial market? 3. An Giang sees border import-export earnings up 23pct 4. US gets tough on Vietnamese goods' origin traceability 5. Industry ministry, EVN responsible in case of power shortage: PM ----and more news
1. Primary equipment and materials supply-bid cancel2. Surge arrester and accessories supply-bid cancel3. Vocational training equipment supply4. Road construction-bid extend5. Optical cable network construction----and more news
In other markets such as South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Thailand, a number of FDI firms are listed on the stock markets and there is no difference or discrimination between foreign-invested firms and domestic firms.
1. Prestressed concrete sleepers supply2. Contrast agent supply-bid extend3. Neuromuscular stimulation device supply4. Auxiliary materials supply-bid cancel5. Equipment and materials supply-bid extend----and more news
The successful signing of EVFTA agreement will create great opportunities for businesses and investors of both sides in the future. From an export perspective, EU is a big trading partner of Vietnam with a market of 512 million people and high income. This will be a fertile land for Vietnam's spearhead exports such as textiles, footwear, agricultural products, wooden products.
1. Foreigners legible to make term deposits at local banks 2. Loosening foreign ownership threshold in banksan irreplaceable position 3. Businesses must accept long-term investments when pursuing Insurtech model 4. Pangasius exports to Southeast Asia up 14.6 per cent 5. Vietnam sees surge of breaded shrimp exports to US ----and more news